Azure IoT Edge Core Runtime
This package provides a simple method to start writing Node.js modules for the Azure IoT Edge on Ubuntu, Debian, Raspbian or Windows.
- Contains the Azure IoT Edge core runtime
- Auto-installs the module dependencies packages for Ubuntu, Debian, Raspbian or Windows which also contain the following Azure IoT Edge modules and bindings:
- ble: Represents a Bluetooth low energy (BLE) device connected to the gateway
- identitymap: Maps MAC addresses to IoT Hub device IDs/keys
- iothub: Sends/receives messages to/from mapped devices and IoT Hub
- logger: Writes received message content to a file
- Java, Node.js, .NET, .NET Core bindings: Enables you to mix modules from different languages as part of your Gateway module pipeline
npm install -g azure-iot-gateway
- Create a gateway_config.json file for your module pipeline (see example at IoT Edge getting started docs)
- gateway_config.json should contain the module (native, .net, node, java) configuration.
A few options: a) install Yeoman generator, b) check out our sample apps GitHub repo, or c) follow these quick start steps for the sample app:
git clone https://github.com/Azure-Samples/iot-edge-samples.git
npm installto install pre-built core runtime of IoT Edge.
npm run localto start the IoT Edge with pre-defined modules (sensor and printer).