Precompile Handlebars templates for Ember.js.
This plugin requires Grunt
If you haven't used Grunt before, be sure to check out the Getting Started guide, as it explains how to create a Gruntfile as well as install and use Grunt plugins. Once you're familiar with that process, you may install this plugin with this command:
npm install grunt-ember-templates --save-dev
This plugin was designed to work with Grunt 0.4.x. If you're still using grunt v0.3.x it's strongly recommended that you upgrade, but in case you can't please use v0.3.2.
Gruntfile.js file, add a section named
emberTemplates. This section specifies the files to compile and the options used with handlebars.
This defines what files this task will process and should contain key:value pairs.
The key (destination) should be an unique filepath (supports grunt.template) and the value (source) should be a filepath or an array of filepaths (supports minimatch).
Note: Values are precompiled to the
Ember.TEMPLATES array in the order passed.
This controls how this task operates and should contain key:value pairs, see options below.
This option accepts a function which takes one argument (the source template
filepath) and returns a string which will be used as the key for the precompiled
template object. The example below strips away the root path from templates so
their names will match Ember's conventions:
"path/to/another.js": "path/to/sources/*.handlebars" "path/to/more/*.handlebars"
Here's an example task that watches for changes to your templates and automatically recompiles them:
tasks: 'emberTemplates' 'livereload'
Many thanks to the following projects upon which this was based:
I created this project as an alternative to grunt-ember-handlebars for the following reasons:
- to provide maximum compatibility with the grunt-contrib project, using features such as destination:source file arguments
- to allow for customizable template names based upon source file paths
- 2013/06/09 - v0.4.8 - Upgraded ember-template-compiler.js to 1.0.0-rc.5 - thanks @AdamFerguson!
- 2013/05/22 - v0.4.7 - Deprecate
ember_templates task in favor of
- 2013/05/16 - v0.4.6 - Upgraded Handlebars to 1.0.0-rc4.
- 2013/05/03 - v0.4.5 - Fixed multi-file output - thanks @seankeating!
- 2013/04/05 - v0.4.4 - Ember v1.0.0-rc.2 compatible.
- 2013/02/18 - v0.4.3 - Upgraded to grunt 0.4.0 final.
- 2013/02/17 - v0.4.3rc8 - Now uses ember-template-compiler. Upgraded to grunt 0.4.0.rc8.
- 2013/02/06 - v0.4.3rc7 - Updated to latest handlebars for compatibility with latest ember - thanks @codeofficer!
- 2013/01/24 - v0.4.2rc7 - Upgraded for grunt 0.4.0rc7 and handlebars 1.0.rc.2 - thanks @GManzato!
- 2013/01/10 - v0.4.2rc5 - Upgraded for grunt 0.4.0rc5 - thanks @trev!
- 2013/01/01 - v0.4.1 - Fixed file pattern matching
- 2012/12/26 - v0.4.0 - Upgraded for grunt 0.4.0 compatibility - thanks @trek!
- 2013/03/07 - v0.3.2 - Backported ember-template-compiler for Grunt 0.3 compatibility - thanks @rafshar
- 2013/01/24 - v0.3.1 - Fixed grunt-contrib-lib dependency
- 2013/01/24 - v0.3.0 - Grunt 0.3.0 and Handlebars 1.0.rc.2 compatible - thanks @GManzato!
- 2012/10/11 - v0.2.0 - Renamed grunt-ember-templates from grunt-contrib-ember.
- 2012/09/28 - v0.1.0 - Initial release.