Authelia is an open-source authentication and authorization server providing 2-factor authentication and single sign-on (SSO) for your applications via a web portal. It acts as a companion of reverse proxies like nginx or Traefik by handling forwarded authentication and authorization requests.
Authelia can be installed as a standalone service using Docker or NPM but can also be deployed easily on Kubernetes leveraging ingress controllers and ingress configuration.
Here is what Authelia's portal looks like
Here is the list of the main available features:
- Several kind of second factor:
- Password reset with identity verification using email confirmation.
- Single-factor only authentication method available.
- Access restriction after too many authentication attempts.
- Fine-grained access control per subdomain, user, resource and network.
- Support of basic authentication for endpoints protected by single factor.
- Highly-available using distributed database and KV store.
- Compatible with Kubernetes ingress-nginx controller out of the box.
For more details about the features, follow Features.
You can start off with
git clone https://github.com/clems4ever/authelia.git && cd authelia source bootstrap.sh
If you want to go further, please read Getting Started.
Now that you have tested Authelia and you want to try it out in your own infrastructure, you can learn how to deploy and use it with Deployment. This guide will show you how to deploy it on bare metal as well as on Kubernetes.
If you want more information about the security measures applied by Authelia and some tips on how to set up Authelia in a secure way, refer to Security.
Changelog & Breaking changes
Anybody willing to contribute to the project either with code, documentation, security reviews or whatever, are very welcome to issue or review pull requests and take part to discussions in Gitter.
I am very greatful to contributors for their contributions to the project. Don't hesitate be the next!
If you want to contribute with code, you should follow the documentation explaining how to build the application.