Artillery plugin that reports load test results to Datadog.
The plugin uses datadog-metrics to submit Artillery metrics to Datadog over
HTTPS and does not require a StatsD server (Datadog Agent). An alternative to this is artillery-plugin-statsd
which uses StatsD.
- Install this plugin and Artillery (
npm install artillery artillery-plugin-datadog)
- Create a configuration file for Artillery. Specify Datadog as the plugin to use.
- duration: 3
name: "First stage"
Run artillery and specify Datadog API key as an environment variable.
$ DATADOG_API_KEY=xxxxxxxxxxxx artillery run skynet.yaml
The following metrics are collected from Artillery and sent to Datadog.
- artillery.scenarios.created: Number of scenarios created
- artillery.scenarios.completed: Number of scenarios completed
- artillery.requests.pending: Number of HTTP requests pending
- artillery.requests.completed: Number of HTTP requests completed
- artillery.response.2xx: Aggregate count of all responses whose HTTP code was in the
- artillery.response.3xx: Aggregate count of all responses whose HTTP code was in the
- artillery.response.4xx: Aggregate count of all responses whose HTTP code was in the
- artillery.response.5xx: Aggregate count of all responses whose HTTP code was in the
- artillery.response.200: Count of responses whose HTTP code was
200 (exactly). Similarly named metric is repeated for each response status code
- artillery.response.ok_pct: Percentage (in the range
0 - 100) of responses that returned with a
3xx status code
- artillery.latency.min: Min latency
- artillery.latency.max: Max latency
- artillery.latency.p99: 99th percentile latency
- artillery.latency.p95: 95th percentile latency
- artillery.latency.median: Median latency
- artillery.scenarioDuration.min: Min scenario duration
- artillery.scenarioDuration.max: Max scenario duration
- artillery.scenarioDuration.median: Median scenario duration
- artillery.scenarioDuration.p95: 95th percentile scenario duration
- artillery.scenarioDuration.p99: 99th percentile scenario duration
- artillery.rps.mean: Average number of requests per second
Artillery plugin system documentation is at github.com/shoreditch-ops/artillery.
To display debug info, run Artillery with the
DEBUG environment variable:
$ DATADOG_API_KEY=xxxxx DEBUG=metrics,plugin:datadog artillery run skynet.yml