- Associates source files with configured architectural components
- Renders grouped components and dependency graph including Node.js modules
- Exports codebase architecture visualisation as SVG, PNG or Plant UML diagram
- Integrates into development flow, so your CI, VCS, README and PRs are happy
# Run arkit straight awaynpx arkit# Or add it to your project as a dev dependencynpm install arkit --save-devyarn add arkit --dev
# Run arkit against your source folder and save result as SVGnpx arkit src/ -o arkit.svg# You can also specify source files to start from and output formatnpx arkit -f src/main.js -o puml# And get some more with debugging and file exclusionsLEVEL=info npx arkit -e "node_modules,test,dist,coverage" -o puml
⚠️ Arkit is using a web service to convert PlantUML to SVG/PNG. It's hosted at arkit.pro and does not store any data. If you want to use Arkit at work make sure this is fine with your company tools policy.
If your project is huge and first diagrams look messy, it's better to generate them per feature, architectural layer, etc.
Once you satisfied with results, add arkit command to your build script, so it will keep your architecture diagrams up-to-date.
Arkit can be configured using basic CLI arguments or advanced JSON, JS module or package.json configuration.
Basic CLI arguments
user@machine:~$ npx arkit --helparkit [directory]Options:-d, --directory Working directory [default: "."]-c, --config Config file path (json or js) [default: "arkit.json"]-o, --output Output path or type (svg, png or puml) [default: "arkit.svg"]-f, --first File patterns to be first in the graph [string]-e, --exclude File patterns to exclude from the graph[default: "test,tests,dist,coverage,**/*.test.*,**/*.spec.*,**/*.min.*"]-h, --help Show help [boolean]-v, --version Show version number [boolean]
Advanced arkit.json with JSON schema for autocomplete and validation
See more possible JSON configuration options in the examples below
Arkit itself using
npx arkit and config in package.json
npx arkit and config in arkit.json
Vue/Nuxt TodoMVC using
yarn arkit -o arkit.svg
The tool is under active development, so please feel free to contribute with suggestions and pull requests. Your feedback is priceless.
- Dependency cruiser validates and visualizes dependencies
- Madge generates a visual graph of module dependencies
- dependo visualizes CommonJS, AMD, or ES6 module dependencies
- colony in-browser graphs representing the links between your Node.js code and its dependencies
- TsUML generates UML diagrams from TypeScript source code
Fun stats, stargazers map by worldstar
Give a Github star to get on the map.