A music player for the console, in Node.
npm i -g angrplayr
angrplayr file.mp3, or
ap 1.mp3 2.mp3 3.mp3
- Only works with MP3s. If you give it a WAV or whatever, it'll blow up.
- Requires asound (
libasound2-dev on Debian-based distros).
- Who knows what it does on Windows? Not me.
- Keypresses -- play, pause, stop, next, prev, volume up and down
- Other filetypes
- Eventual goals are a Blessed-based interface somewhat similar to cmus or MOC.
- Areas to explore:
- Audio libraries that don't require specific headers/don't combile native addons on installation
- Why Hyper (the terminal) doesn't do so well with blessed
- Which types of keybinds would be least surprising for users (vi vs arrows, etc.)
- File manangement/exploration vs text playlists and a single queue