Search by headword or across all entries
Create, choose and delete your decks in Anki
Use ⌘L for more info by large text and copy it
this Anki theme (Scramble-sentences) to learning by created cardsTry
ldoce <query>, uses Pearson's API to hunt for headwords and senses that match
headeword/<query>. 25 results are retrieved by default for headword search.
This workflow searches from Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English (5th edition)[ldoce5 - API]. And creates Anki cards by your choices (if an article of the current word in this API not existing audio examples the Alfred will create audio examples from Oddcast. [uses random voices: Julie, Kate, James]
$ npm install --global alfred-ldoce
- Download and import the deck example for Anki to install template for this grabbing from ldoce Api.
In Alfred, type ldoce, Enter, and your query.
ldoce < query > — Search for entries with the given headword
ldoces — Generic text search across all entries (searchs all entry fields)
- ⇥, ↩ or ⌘ + NUM — Show senses of selected headword
- ⇧ or ⌘ + L — Show Quick Look preview from ldoceonline.com/dictionary/query
< query > — Search for previous matching ldoce < query >
- ⇥, ↩ or ⌘ + NUM or click — select to choose sense for creating card
- ⌘ + L — Show one of vocabulary entries in Alfred's "Large Type" window
- ⌘ + ↩ — create card from selected senses of word
- ⌥ + ↩ — create card from all matching of current query
- hit fn + ↩ — export current vocabulary entries to other workfows "Call External"
- hit ⌃ + ↩ to turn back from some additional boxes to current session of query
< ldl > (last query or last query for phrasal verb) go to the definition of the word of the last query
If you notice this sign 🔦 it means the current deffinition exist additional words for search. Hit ⌃ + ↵ (SEE ALSO) to show and search by this words.
<ldoce !> — Choose, create or delete deck for Anki
- <!set> - choose another deck for new cards
- <!del> - delete any deck (with cards)
- <!refresh> - Refreshing info by AnkiConnect. It will be done automaticaly after each query set, but can be used forcibly by this command.
Note: OS X's "delete word" shortcut ( ⌥ + ⌫ ) is very handy for backing out of a current search result.
: Phrasal verbs
: Run-on sentences
- There is three options:
language: Choose your language (it use google-translate-api).
path_to_anki-media: /Library/Application Support/Anki2/< Profile name of Anki >/collection.media.
note_type: "Ldoce-Express" - by default don't need to change.
- Update Readme
- Add Frequency by "Ldoce 9000"
- Add more info (like "due", "new", "suspend" and count of cards) through the AnkiConnect
By me a coffee
MIT © bikeNik