Less code, safer API.
Yap is the lightweight microservices API gateway with GraphQL that shines at the heart of any microservices or serverless architecture, which aims to be a smaller, more expressive, and more robust foundation with low-code approach and security entreprise-gradle.
Please distinguish Yap (the core project of Young App) and YAP (the platform of Young App).
Young App helps to automate business workflows across cloud and on-premise apps providing employees with prompt communication and building in teams sophisticated collaboration. As an illustration, YAP automates quotes processing for cash business, which may involve multiple apps.
Without API Management, we are using Express, Koa or Hapi on Nodejs without security handler, and all others NodeJS frameworks are based on http module, yap is different, designed only for serverless functions (event-driven) and GraphQL.
Key features of Yap 🙌
Yap offers powerful, yet lightweight features that allow fine-grained control over your API ecosystem.
- Elegants XML Policies – Policies are a powerful capability of the system that allow the publisher to change API behavior through configuration in elegants with XML
- GraphQL as API Gateway – GraphQL is a query language for APIs and a runtime for fulfilling those queries with your existing data. Yap use only GraphQL as API Gateway.
- API Connectors – YAP is the only integration platform that was built from the ground to support a single design interface for developer/IT and for citizen integrators.
yarn install yap
npm install yap
Yap application is an object containing resolvers functions and policies which are composed and executed in a stack-like manner upon request. Yap is similar to many other middleware systems that you may have encountered such as Koa, Connect.
Minimalist application with http.Server
;;;// Your schema definition and resolvers GraphQL;app.listen3000,
With AWS Lambda
;;;// Your schema definition and resolvers GraphQL;// A simple handler for AWS Lambda.exports.handler = app.handler;
Find more details on Usage guide
If you encounter a bug with YAP, we would appreciate if you inform us about it. Before opening a new issue, please go through existing issues to find the solution right away if your problem was solved before.
Attach the following details if appropriate:
- SDK, Node.js
- Environment and OS
- Stack trace
Yap is the open source and we love contributions! If you have an idea for a great improvement or spy an issue you’re keen to fix, follow our Contributing Guide.
No contribution is too small – we encourage you to provide feedback and report issues.
Community support 🌍
For general help using Yap, please refer to the official Yap documentation. For additional help, you can use one of these channels to ask a question:
- Slack (Channel community)
- GitHub (Bug reports, feature requests, contributions)
- Roadmap (Roadmap)
- Twitter (Get the news fast)
- YouTube Channel (Learn from Video Tutorials)
This SDK is distributed under Apache License 2.0. See LICENSE.txt for more information.