TakeShape Netlify build plugin
Automatically create and configure a TakeShape project for use with your Netlify site.
The plugin will
- create a TakeShape project for your Netlify site, if it does not exist already
- (optional) import a pattern when creating the project
- create read-only and read-write API keys for the project and add them to the build environment
- in subsequent builds, deploy any changes to your pattern's
schema.jsonfile, if present
Add the following to your
[[plugins]] package = "@takeshape/netlify-plugin-takeshape" # Optional: specify the timzeone for your TakeShape project (defaults to "America/New_York") [plugins.inputs] timezone = "America/Los_Angeles"
Then, add the package as a dev dependency:
npm install -D @takeshape/netlify-plugin-takeshape
- Create a new personal access token.
- In the Netlify UI, go to Site settings > Build & deploy > Environment > Environment variables and set the personal access token as the value of the
Refer to the Netlify docs for further information about configuring environment variables.
If you wish to create your TakeShape project from a pattern, add the
schema.json and any other pattern files to a
.takeshape/pattern directory in the repository for your Netlify site. The build plugin will import the pattern when creating your project and, in subsequent builds, will deploy any changes to your
Authenticating your Netlify site with TakeShape
The plugin will automatically create API keys for your TakeShape project and add them to the Netlify build as the
TAKESHAPE_READ_WRITE_KEY environment variables. Refer to the Netlify docs for instructions for accessing environment variables either during or after the build.