Swim is a full stack streaming application platform for building stateful services, streaming APIs, and real-time UIs.
- Streaming applications push data through the full application stack, eliminating the need for polling.
- Stateful services remember what they're doing between operations, taking queries off the critical path.
- Streaming APIs publish differential state changes, streaming only what each client chooses to observe.
- Real-time UIs render live views of distributed application state that update with half-ping latency.
The Swim frontend stack provides everything app developers need to build truly real-time user interfaces that run in any modern browser, including:
- A foundation framework for real-time applications that runs in Node.js and web browsers.
- A streaming API client for consuming multiplexed streaming APIs.
- A UI engine for efficiently rendering real-time user interfaces at high frame rates.
- A UX toolkit with reusable views and controllers tailor-made for real-time user experiences.
- Real-time data visualizations, including procedurally animated graphs, charts, and gauges.
- Real-time map overlays that display live geospatial visualizations on top of third-party base maps.