Redocly CLI toolset
Redocly CLI toolbox with rich validation and bundling features.
Currently, @redocly/cli supports these features:
- [x] Multifile validation. No need to bundle your file before validation.
- [x] Lightning-fast validation. Lint a 1 Mb file in less than one second.
- [x] Built-in rules for common validations.
- [x] Configurable severity levels for each rule.
- [x] Human-readable error messages with codeframes and stylish format options.
- [x] Intuitive suggestions for misspelled types or references.
- [x] Easy to implement custom rules.
- [x] Bundle a multifile definition into a single file.
- [x] Decorators to modify a validated definition during bundling.
- [x] Preview reference docs for local development.
- [x] Support for OpenAPI 2 (fka Swagger) and OpenAPI 3.0.
- [ ] Support for OpenAPI 3.1 (coming soon).
What makes this tool different
Unlike other OpenAPI linters,
@redocly/cli defines the possible type tree of a valid OpenAPI definition and then traverses it. This approach is very similar to how linters for programming languages work and results in major performance benefits over other approaches. Extend functionality at different points in the lifecycle with preprocessors, rules, and decorators.
npx @redocly/cli lint path-to-root-file.yaml