This repository contains code for Prismatic's TypeScript library,
spectral, which is used to build custom Prismatic components.
To install spectral, run:
npm install @prismatic-io/spectral
Please see our documentation on writing and publishing custom components for Prismatic's platform.
What is Prismatic?
Prismatic is the integration platform for B2B software companies. It's the quickest way to build integrations to the other apps your customers use and to add a native integration marketplace to your product.
Prismatic significantly reduces overall integration effort and enables non-dev teams to take on more of the integration workload, so that you can deliver integrations faster and spend more time on core product innovation.
With Prismatic, you can:
- Build reusable integrations in a low-code integration designer that's tailored for your product
- Use pre-built components to handle most of your integrations' functionality, and write custom components when needed
- Quickly add an integration marketplace to your product so customers can explore, activate, and monitor integrations
- Easily deploy customer-specific integration instances with unique configurations and connections
- Provide better support with tools like logging and alerting
- Run your integrations in a purpose-built environment designed for security and scalability
- Use powerful dev tools to mold the platform to your product, industry, and the way you build software
Who uses Prismatic?
Prismatic is for B2B (business-to-business) software companies, meaning software companies that provide applications used by businesses. It's a good fit for products/teams ranging from early-stage and growing SaaS startups to large, established software companies looking to improve the way they do integrations.
Many B2B software teams serve customers in niche vertical markets, and we designed Prismatic with that in mind. We provide powerful and flexible tools so you can build exactly the integrations your customers need, no matter who your customers are, no matter what systems you need to connect to, no matter how "non-standard" your integration scenario.
What kind of integrations can you build using Prismatic?
Prismatic supports integrations ranging from simple and standard to complex, bespoke, and vertical-specific. Teams use it to build integrations between applications of all kinds, SaaS or legacy, with or without a modern API, regardless of protocol or data format. Here are some example use cases:
- Use job data from your system to create invoices in your customers' ERP.
- Import and process data from third-party forms that vary significantly from customer to customer.
- Email activity summary reports with parameters and intervals defined on a per-customer basis.
Building Spectral Locally
To build spectral locally, you'll need
yarn build to build the package, or
yarn pack to build a tarball that can be used in custom components for testing changes to spectral.
This repository is MIT licensed.