v. 3.6.6 11-17-2015
- Web Site: nicescroll.areaaperta.com
- Repo: github.com/inuyaksa/jquery.nicescroll
- Twitter: @nicescroll
Nicescroll as a Greasemonkey plugin: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/119910 (freezed)
Nicescroll is a jquery plugin, for nice scrollbars with a very similar ios/mobile style.
- HORIZONAL scrollbar support!
- It supports DIVs, IFrames, textarea, and document page (body) scrollbars.
- Compatible with all desktop browser: Firefox 4+, Chrome 5+, Safari 4+ (win/mac), Opera 10+, IE 6+. (all A-grade browsers)
- Compatible with mobile device: iPad/iPhone/iPod, Android 2.2+, Blackberry phones and Playbook (WebWorks/Table OS), Windows Phone 7.5 Mango.
- Compatible with all touch devices: iPad, Android tablets, Window Surface.
- Compabible with multi-input device (mouse with touch or pen): Window Surface, Chrome Desktop on touch notebook.
- Compatible with 2 directions mice: Apple Magic Mouse, Apple Mouser with 2-dir wheel, PC mouse with 2-dir wheel (if browser support it).
So you have scrollable divs with momentum for iPad 4+ and you have consistent scrollable areas for all desktop and mobile platforms.
Sexy zoom feature, you can "zoom-in" the content of any nicescroll'ed div. Nice to use and nice to see, all the content of the div in fullscreen mode. It works on desktop (double click on div) either in mobile/touch devices using pinch gesture.
On modern browsers hardware accelerated scrolling has implemented. Using animationFrame for a smoothest and cpu-saving scrolling. (when browser supports)
"Use strict" tested script for maximum code quality. Bower and AMD ready.
Warning for IE6 users (why do you uses IE6 yet? Please updgrade to a more stable and modern browser), some feature can't work for limitation of the browser. Document (body) scrollbars can't appears, old (native browser) one is used. Some issues with IFrame scrolling.
- simple installation and activation, it works with NO modification of your code. (some exceptions can happen, so you can write to me)
- very stylish scrollbars, with no occupation on your window (original browser scrollbars need some of page space and reduces window/div usable width)
- you can style main document scrollbar (body) too!! (not all script implements this feature)
- on all browsers you can scroll: dragging the cursor, mouse wheel (speed customizable), keyboard navigation (cursor keys, pagup/down keys, home/end keys)
- scroll is smooth (as modern tablet browsing), speed is customizable
- zoom feature
- hardware accelerated scroll (where available)
- animation frame support for smoth scrolling and cpu-saving
- dragging scroll mode with scrolling momentum (as touch device)
- tested for all major browsers desktop and mobile versions
- support for touch devices
- support for multi-input devices (IE10 with MSPointer)
- compatible with many other browsers, including IE6, Safari on Mac and WP7 Mango!
- very customizable aspect of bar
- native scroll events are working yet
- fully integrated with jQuery
- compatibile with jQuery UI, jQuery Touch, jQuery Mobile
It's a plugin for the jquery framework, you need to include jquery in your scripts. From 1.5.x version and on. (I'd better to use 1.8.3+ minimum)
- INSTALLATION Put loading script tag after jquery script tag and loading the zoom image in the same folder of the script:
Copy image "zoomico.png" in the same folder of jquery.nicescroll.js.
- HOW TO USE
Initialize nicescroll ALWAYS in (document) ready statement.
// 1. Simple mode, it styles document scrollbar:;// 2. Instance with object returned:var nice = false;;// 3. Style a DIV and chage cursor color:;// 4. DIV with "wrapper", formed by two divs, the first is the vieport, the latter is the content:;// 5. Get nicescroll object:var nice = ;// 6. Hide scrollbars:;// 7. Check for scrollbars resize (when content or position have changed):;// 8. Scrolling to a position:; // Scroll X Axis; // Scroll Y Axis
When you call "niceScroll" you can pass some parameters to custom visual aspects: