⛔️ DEPRECATED: Reddit to Orbit Workspace
This repository is no longer recommended or maintained and it will soon be marked as archived in Github. Huge thanks to the original authors and contributors for providing this Github Actions template to our community. To add Reddit interactions to your Orbit workspace, you can now request access to the Reddit integration under
Workspace Settings > Integrations.
This is a community project. The Orbit team does its best to maintain it and keep it up to date with any recent API changes.
We welcome community contributions to make sure that it stays current.
First Time Setup
- Head to your Reddit App Preferences.
- Create a new app with the following settings:
orbit.love community integration
- About URL:
- Redirect URI:
- Take note of your
Client IDwhich is just below your app name, and your
The application requires the following environment variables:
||Client ID for your Reddit App||Follow the guide above|
||Client Secret for your Reddit App||Follow the guide above|
||Your Reddit username*||Your account credentials|
||Your Reddit password||Your account credentials|
||API key for Orbit||Found in
||ID for your Orbit workspace||Last part of the Orbit workspace URL, i.e.
Username cannot have 2FA
**PLEASE NOTE: For this to work, your Reddit account should have 2FA disabled AND needs to have a password set.
- If you used your Google or Apple account to sign up to Reddit and don't have an account, you could disconnect it, and then you'll be able to set an account (and reconnect your Google or Apple account after).
- If you want 2FA enabled on your main Reddit account (you probably should): create an additional account to set up this integration and don't use your main account.
Install the package with the following command
$ npm install @orbit-love/reddit
The standard initialization of the library requires the following signature:
const OrbitReddit = require("@orbit-love/reddit"); const orbitReddit = new OrbitReddit( "orbitWorkspaceId", "orbitApiKey", "redditClientId", "redditClientSecret", "redditUsername", "redditPassword" );
If you have the following environment variables set:
REDDIT_PASSWORD then you can initialize the client as follows:
const OrbitReddit = require("@orbit-love/reddit"); const orbitReddit = new OrbitReddit();
Add New Posts In Subreddit
Add New Comments In Subreddit
To use this package you do not need to install it, but will need Node.js installed on your machine.
By default this will get the last 24 hours worth of activity, but this can be explicitly overridden:
You can pass in a
--filter=term flag to filter the results by a single term.
- For posts this will match if the post title, url or body text contain the term.
- For comments this will match if it was left on a post with a title containing the term, or the comment itself contains the term.
Performing a Historical Import
You may want to perform a one-time historical import to fetch all your previous Reddit interactions and bring them into your Orbit workspace. To do so, set the hours tag to 720 for 30 days of import.
GitHub Actions Automation Setup
See our guide for setting up this automation
This project is under the MIT License.
Code of Conduct
This project uses the Contributor Code of Conduct. We ask everyone to please adhere by its guidelines.