OpenTelemetry Jaeger Trace Exporter
OpenTelemetry Jaeger Trace Exporter allows the user to send collected traces to Jaeger.
Jaeger, inspired by Dapper and OpenZipkin, is a distributed tracing system released as open source by Uber Technologies. It is used for monitoring and troubleshooting microservices-based distributed systems, including:
- Distributed context propagation
- Distributed transaction monitoring
- Root cause analysis
- Service dependency analysis
- Performance / latency optimization
Get up and running with Jaeger in your local environment.
docker run -d --name jaeger \-e COLLECTOR_ZIPKIN_HTTP_PORT=9411 \-p 5775:5775/udp \-p 6831:6831/udp \-p 6832:6832/udp \-p 5778:5778 \-p 16686:16686 \-p 14268:14268 \-p 9411:9411 \jaegertracing/all-in-one:latest
Or run the
jaeger-all-in-one(.exe) executable from the binary distribution archives:
You can then navigate to http://localhost:16686 to access the Jaeger UI.
npm install --save @opentelemetry/exporter-jaeger
Install the exporter on your application and pass the options, it must contain a service name.
host option (which defaults to
localhost), can instead be set by the
JAEGER_AGENT_HOST environment variable to reduce in-code config. If both are
set, the value set by the option in code is authoritative.
;const options =serviceName: 'my-service'tags: // optionalhost: 'localhost' // optionalport: 6832 // optionalmaxPacketSize: 65000 // optionalconst exporter = options;
Now, register the exporter.
You can use built-in
BatchSpanProcessor or write your own.
- SimpleSpanProcessor: The implementation of
SpanProcessorthat passes ended span directly to the configured
- BatchSpanProcessor: The implementation of the
SpanProcessorthat batches ended spans and pushes them to the configured
SpanExporter. It is recommended to use this
SpanProcessorfor better performance and optimization.
- To know more about Jaeger, visit: https://www.jaegertracing.io/docs/latest/getting-started/
- For more information on OpenTelemetry, visit: https://opentelemetry.io/
- For help or feedback on this project, join us on gitter
Apache 2.0 - See LICENSE for more information.