Web WorldWind 0.11.0 is now available on GitHub. The summary of changes is as follows:
- Improvements to COLLADA 3D model support.
- Added ability to obtain locations of a click in a 3D model.
- Added visualization support to COLLADA models with wrongly formatted normals.
- Transparent placemark picking has been fixed.
- Improvements to Well-Known Text format support.
- Various fixes to example code files.
Development environment changes:
- Added Chrome and Firefox headless browsers and removed PhantomJS.
- Switched IDEs from WebStorm to Visual Studio Code.
- Updated development dependencies to latest versions.
WorldWind's API remains largely unchanged in this release and we are committed to maintaining a consistent API in future releases.
For additional information, please refer to the releases list. Please direct any questions to our email address: email@example.com.
The project's website, worldwind.arc.nasa.gov has setup instructions, developer guides, API documentation and more.
The Web WorldWind Developer's Guide has a complete description of Web WorldWind's functionality. In there, you will find many Web WorldWind resources, including a user guide and documentation for every module file. For complete beginners on WorldWind, the Get Started tutorial is the place to go.
The latest Web WorldWind release provides many simple examples showing how to use most of Web WorldWind's functionality, as well as more involved small applications for reference on how to use Web WorldWind in domain-focused GIS development.
Install NodeJS. The build is known to work with Node.js 12.18.0 LTS.
npm installdownloads WorldWind's dependencies and builds everything
npm run buildbuilds everything
npm run docgenerates the WorldWind API documentation
npm run testruns WorldWind's unit tests
npm run test:watchautomatically runs WorldWind's unit tests when source code changes
Copyright 2003-2006, 2009, 2017, 2020, 2022 United States Government, as represented by the Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. All rights reserved.
The NASAWorldWind/WebWorldWind platform is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
NASAWorldWind/WebWorldWind also contains the following 3rd party Open Source software:
- ES6-Promise – under MIT License
- libtess.js – SGI Free Software License B
- Proj4 – under MIT License
- JSZip – under MIT License
A complete listing of 3rd Party software notices and licenses included in WebWorldWind can be found in the Web WorldWind 3rd-party notices and licenses PDF file found in its code directory.