Production-quality controller for microfrontend applications
Enterprise-scale applications need a very high degree of integration and isolation between modules therefore iframes still remain the best solution to achieve it. However every browser has only one address field so you need a controller to handle many application routes simultaneously.
Microfrontend libries provide you exactly this type of functionality with a strong focus on a production quality of code.
The original idea comes from Manfred Steyer and his meta-spa-router.
Manfred has also supported this development effort at s IT Solutions AT Spardat GmbH with his valuable advice and useful hints.
- The controller loads microfrontends (aka routed applications) in iframes
- Microfrontends are isolated and cannot influence each other in an unplanned way
- Microfrontends may use any SPA framework
- Controller supports switching to a specific route within a child app
- Controller synchronizes microfrontend's routes with the route of the shell
- Solution supports flexible configuration of iframes
- Solution respects origins to prevent CORS issues
This project was generated with Angular CLI but only its toolset was used.
Controller libraries do not have any run-time dependencies and are free from side-effects and shall be therefore compatible with any SPA framework.
|Required in a shell
|Required in a microfrontend
$ npm install @microfrontend/common
Additional documentation is located in GitHub repository.