MetaBrainz Design System
About • Guidelines • Contributing • Issues • Support
This design system is a living, breathing document that contains all of the building blocks (React components, colors, icons, layout, etc) of the MetaBrainz projects. It aims to be single source of truth for developers and designers. Still a work in progress, always will be.
- Logo folder
- Storybook project
- Figma mockups: MetaBrainz, MusicBrainz, CritiqueBrainz, ListenBrainz, ListenBrainz App
📚Storybook for UI component development and auto-generated docs ⚛️React declarative component-centric UI
Maintaining the system
📦NPM for packaging and distribution 🚥GitHub Actions Continuous integration
The MetaBrainz design system codifies existing UI components into a central, well-maintained repository. It is built to address having to paste the same components into multiple projects again and again. This simplifies building UI's with MetaBrainz's design patterns.
What we're doing
- Build and maintain a design system in the open
- Share UI components between multiple apps
- Welcome contributors of all levels and backgrounds
What we're not doing
- Rewrite all new components from scratch
- Overhaul the visual design of components
- Typescript (the consumer apps don't use it)
- Compete with more general design systems like ANT or Material.
yarn add @metabrainz/design-system
npm install --save @metabrainz/design-system
Everytime a GitHub release is made, a new version of the package is automatically available at @metabrainz/design-system
Got something interesting you'd like to ask or share? Start a discussion at
#metabrainz IRC channel on libera.chat.
If you think you have found a bug, please report it on the issue tracker. Also, we highly suggest you start a discussion on our community forum for any design requests or discussions.
Reach out to the developers at one of the following places:
- MetaBrainz Community: https://community.metabrainz.org/
- Development IRC Channel:
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org