Pluggable Widgets Generator
Yeoman generator for Mendix Pluggable Widgets.
This generator uses the Yeoman scaffolding tool to let you quickly create a Mendix Pluggable Widget.
npm install -g yonpm install -g @mendix/generator-widget
Then generate your new project inside an empty folder:
or automatically create the folder using:
yo @mendix/widget widget name
Scaffold a widget
1. Provide the following information about your widget:
The following information needs to be provided about your widget:
- Mendix Project path
- programming language
Press if you want to skip and use default values.
2.1. Using the task runner
The widget generator will include the necessary files and tasks to your package.json for running the tasks over The Pluggable Widgets Tools.
If necessary you can run the tasks using the commands
npm run build
npm run release
For more information, visit our Mendix Pluggable Widget Tools repository.
2.2. Which template do you want to use for the widget?
The full widget boilerplate is a fully developed and tested Mendix React widget that shows a value as a badge or a color label (just available for web/responsive platform). It has the following features:
- Display as a badge or a color label
- Attach actions to onClick event
- Set static data text when the dynamic data is not specified
The empty template is a Mendix React hello world widget recommended for more experienced developers.
2.3 Add unit tests for the widget ?
Yes is selected, unit tests are included to ensure individual units of the component are tested to determine whether they are fit for use. Default value is
2.4 Add end to end tests for the widget ?
If Yes is selected, end to end tests are included to ensure that the integrated components of an application function as expected. Default value is
End to end tests apply only to the Full Boilerplate.
End to End is exclusive for web and hybrid mobile apps.
The tool will then create copied files, and run
npm install to install development dependencies.
To use the webpack-dev-server while developing:
- Start Mendix Studio Pro from your Mendix project path or by default
- If you are running the generator through multiple operating systems (e.g. running a virtualized OS with Parallels on MacOS or any other virtualization software), make sure you have the right privileges and use the same OS for generation and file manipulation.
Issues can be reported on Github.