Prismatic is a declarative JS library for creating 3D content for the Helio browser. Using simple HTML tags with inline attributes and CSS styling, you can easily render 3D content that pops off of the page and you can grab and place into your environment.
If you use npm, run
npm i @magicleap/prismatic. Otherwise, you can download the latest release from the developer portal.
To add the minified version:
The source code for Prismatic is also hosted in a repository on GitHub.
See our Prismatic documentation.
For more information and guides are available on Magic Leap's Developer Portal.
For live samples and code snippets, highlighting the Web Platform's core features, checkout the Developer Samples website here.
What's New in This Release
- Extract 3D models from regular HTML elements.
- Introduce model-animation-loop event.
- Introduce isNodeInsideStage() method on nodes.
- Allow update of stage size via JS.
New Features in Prismatic v2
- A major optimization of the Prismatic JS library
- Faster model loading
- Model instancing
- Models scroll with page
- Models can be extracted with raycast: Users no longer have to be interacting with the parent element on the page to extract them.
- <stage> tag: Devs can specify how much space their experience will take up.
- Fix some issues with Quads.