Tile based color picker with customizable palette
- What is it called?
- What is it made out of?
- A set of colored tiles that when clicked, provides a selected value
- What variants are needed?
- Idle: hover styling is still here, but no selection is possible
- Tiles: Different sizes and margin between them
- How does it scale?
- Tiles size are defined in pixels, and the rowSize defines the total width
- What style variables are in use?
- Colors: The list of colors available for selection
- Outline: Can customize the style of the outline when over a light or dark color
- Anything to keep in mind?
- If the display state of the element changes (i.e. it gets hidden/unhidden), you need to call notifyResize, otherwise the element will not properly render.
- When the selected colour changes, the highlighting only animates if the Web Animations API is supported by the browser. To make the feature work in all browsers, use a polyfill.
Clone this repository.
Install the Polymer-CLI
First, make sure you have the Polymer CLI installed. Then run
polymer serve to serve your element locally.
Viewing Your Element
$ polymer serve
$ polymer test --skip-plugin junit-reporter
Your application is already set up to be tested via web-component-tester. Run
polymer test to run your application's test suite locally.