Kaltura Dev Workspace
But in our case with have a mix of:
- single package repo.
- single application repo.
- multiple packages in monorepo.
Unfortunately lerna only support monorepo so we cannot use it as-is.
To overcome this issue we created this tool.
Kaltura dev workspace package is inspired deeply from
lernatool. We find
lernathe best tool that simplify complicated dev-op operation. We recommend you to try
lernafor your own projects.
Who should use this tool
This tool was created for Kaltura applications development and is not suppose to be used for other projects.
- Ensure you have node.js installed, version 7.0.0 or above.
- Ensure you have git installed
- Ensure you have npm installed, version 5.0.0 or above.
Setup your workspace
- create a folder to hold your packages (your workspace root folder).
package.jsonin your root folder by running the following command:
$ npm init -y
- add this tool to your folder in your root folder by running the following command:
$ npm install @kaltura-ng/dev-workspace
- create file
kaltura-ws.jsonin your root folder with the following format:
- you should modify repositories property to hold a list of relevant repositories to your kaltura project ordering them by the dependency constraints.
- the sample above will setup your workspace to develop kmc-ng application.
- add the following to your
- run setup command to build & symlink your repositories
$ npm run setup