Cliqz features are available on multiple platforms: browsers for Windows and Mac, (based on Mozilla/Firefox), for iOS (based on Mozilla/Firefox), and for Android (based on Lightning). In addition, the Cliqz for Firefox browser extension offers key Cliqz functions for Firefox users.
Browser Core is used in:
The Browser Core set of features consists of multiple independent modules. All modules underlie our strict privacy and user-first principles. The most important ones are:
- quick search - modules/ui - heart of the Cliqz navigation: search directly in the browser
- mobile ui - modules/mobile-ui - quick search UI for Android and iOS
- human web - modules/human-web - collects anonymous statistical data to assess website relevance and security read more
- anti tracking - modules/antitracking - detects and overwrites tracking data that could be used to indentify individual users read more
- anti phishing - modules/anti-phishing - detects and alerts users about forged websites and data theft attempts read more
- MyOffrz - modules/offers-cc and /offers-v2 - provides the option to receive selected deals and offers to users in a novel, privacy conscious way.
A full list of modules can be found here. Please note that this list also includes experimental features that have not been and may not get released.
Please make sure you read CONTRIBUTING for more information about how to setup your developement environment.