A grid of colored vector shapes for use in backgrounds. Part of the Bolt “Components” CSS framework that powers the Bolt Design System. This component will likely not be used on its own, but rather will be a dependency of another component that includes it.
Install via NPM
npm install @bolt/components-background-shapes
Background shapes bring the brand further into Bolt. These shapes create a background texture for bands. The shapes are offset at an angle offset inside a band component.
- Set to the right side of the band if there is copy on the left.
- Set to the left side of the band if there is copy on the right.
- Shapes can be used behind cards or thumbnail images (video or just image) but should not make the content hard to consume by the user.
- Shapes should not be used behind any text elements. Doing so makes the text hard to read.
- Don't use background shapes if it makes the content in the band hard to parse