This is my Yeoman generator for scaffolding npm projects. It's pretty tailored to my personal tastes, but feel free to use it if you want. Maybe our tastes are similar.
- Prompts you for all info and options. No need to remember a bunch of command line arguments.
- Generates "ignore" files –
- Enforces code styling via
- Keeps your dependencies up-to-date via npm-check-updates
- Adds npm scripts for building, testing, deploying, and updating dependencies.
- Unit testing with Mocha, Chai, and Sinon, plus code coverage via Istanbul
- Web browser support via Browserify, Bower, and Karma
Install the generator using npm.
npm install -g @bigstickcarpet/generator-npm
NOTE: Yeoman generators must be installed globally (using the -g flag). If you get any permissions errors, you can fix them by granting yourself access to the npm directories. Using sudo or an administrator account as a workaround is not recommended.
To scaffold an npm project, just run the following command.
Depending on where you run this command, it will behave slightly differently:
When run in an existing npm project directory, it will update and/or repair any missing/corrupted files in the project.
When run in any other directory, it will create a brand new npm project. You will be prompted for the project name and other information.