OpenCascade nodejs extension for solid modeling.
This project comes with a set of V8 wrappers around OpenCascade API and a sample web application.
var occ =// construct a boxvar box = occ// construct a cylindervar cyl = occ// cut the box with cylinderbox = occ// save result to a STEP fileocc
list of features
- creation of basic shapes ( box, cylinder , cone , torus )
- boolean operation ( fuse , common , cut )
- features ( draftAngle)
- solid properties ( faces, edges, vertices, area , volume )
- import export ( STEP BREP )
sample web application
node-occ-sample: sample nodejs/express REST API server to build solid , based on threejs
installing node-occ from npm
$npm install node-occ
building node-occ from source : prerequisites
- you need Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
- please install OpenCascade oce-0.17 from https://github.com/tpaviot/oce/downloads to you c:\OCE-0.17 folder
>SET CL=/Ic:\OCE-0.17\include\oce >SET LINK=/LIBPATH:c:\OCE-0.17\Win32\lib >PATH c:\OCE-0.17\Win32\bin;%PATH% >npm install node-occ
# installing nodejs and gyp utility to build extensionssudo apt-get install nodejs npmsudo npm install node-pre-gyp -gsudo npm install mocha -g#installing cmakesudo apt-get install cmake cmake-curses-gui g++ build-essential# ------------------------------------git clone --recursive https://github.com/erossignon/node-occ.gitcd node-occsh prepare_build.shnpm installnode-pre-gyp configurenode-pre-gyp buildmocha
- follow the tutorial in the wiki
- threejs : https://github.com/mrdoob/three.js
- OpenCascade : http://www.opencascade.org
- occmodel : https://github.com/tenko/occmodel
- ShapeSmith : https://github.com/bjnortier/shapesmith
Copyright © 2012-2015 E. Rossignon
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.